Senior Living in 02199 (Boston, MA)
- 02199 has a SeniorScore® of 88, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Boston, MA.
- 02199 scores significantly higher than the Boston, MA average of 74.
- 02199 scores significantly higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02199 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 16 hospitals nearby, including Children\'s Hospital Boston, Dana-farber Cancer Institute, and Brigham And Women\'s Hosptial.
- There are 70 senior living facilities in the area, including Legacy Estates of Monmouth, Hallkeen Assisted Living - Susan Bailis , and Hale House and Hale Barnard Services.
- There are 29 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 244 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 57 golf courses nearby, including Fresh Pond Golf Course, William J. Devine Franklin Park Golf Course, and Putterham Meadows Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Copley Square, Boston Public Garden, and Kenmore Square.
- There are 209 churches nearby, including Segal Advisors, Evans Glenn, and St Francis Prudential Chapel.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.51% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.78% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $235,818, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $95,938, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $147,754, which is in the top 1% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.13%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02199 has a very dense population density of 20,105.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.