Senior Living in 02215 (Boston, MA)
- 02215 has a SeniorScore® of 74, which is the 11th highest of any zip code in Boston, MA.
- 02215 scores the same as the Boston, MA average of 74.
- 02215 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02215 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 11 hospitals nearby, including Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Dana-farber Cancer Institute, and Brigham And Women\'s Hosptial.
- There are 72 senior living facilities in the area, including Hallkeen Assisted Living - Susan Bailis , Legacy Estates of Monmouth, and Landmark at Longwood Senior.
- There are 30 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 241 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (6% of the total population).
- There are 55 golf courses nearby, including Fresh Pond Golf Course, Main Course at Brookline Country Club, The, and Putterham Meadows Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Kenmore Square, Copley Square, and Boston Public Garden.
- There are 170 churches nearby, including Reunion Christian Church, Temple Israel, and St Clement\'s Eucharistic.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.51% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.78% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $55,014, which is in the top 58% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $31,448, which is in the top 89% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,513, which is in the top 67% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.20%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02215 has a very dense population density of 34,150.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.81%.