Senior Living in 02301 (Brockton, MA)
- 02301 has a SeniorScore® of 60, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Brockton, MA.
- 02301 scores lower than the Brockton, MA average of 64.
- 02301 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02301 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Good Samaritan Medical Center, A Caritas Family Ho, Brockton Va Medical Center, and Brockton Hospital.
- There are 22 senior living facilities in the area, including West Acres Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Baypointe Rehabilitation and Skilled Care Center, and Heights Crossing.
- There are 10 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 105 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 66 golf courses nearby, including Brockton Country Club, D. W. Field Golf Course, and Thorny Lea Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Ames Nowell State Park)..
- There are 25 churches nearby, including St Margaret\'s Rectory, Messiah Baptist Church, and Fruth Michael P Rev.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.30% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.02% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,468, which is in the top 51% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $45,728, which is in the top 54% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,629, which is in the top 60% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.26%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02301 has a dense population density of 4,907.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 79.31%.