Senior Living in 02302 (Brockton, MA)
- 02302 has a SeniorScore® of 69, which is the highest of any zip code in Brockton, MA.
- 02302 scores higher than the Brockton, MA average of 64.
- 02302 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02302 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Brockton Hospital, Good Samaritan Medical Center, A Caritas Family Ho, and Brockton Va Medical Center.
- There are 41 senior living facilities in the area, including Brockton Neighborhood Health Center, St. Joseph Manor Health Care, and Signature Healthcare Brockton Hospital Transitional Care.
- There are 13 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 201 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 70 golf courses nearby, including Thorny Lea Golf Club, D. W. Field Golf Course, and Brockton Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Ames Nowell State Park)..
- There are 54 churches nearby, including St Casimir Church, Baptist Frederi, and Mt Moriah Baptist Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.30% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.02% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $66,927, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $62,085, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,571, which is in the top 49% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.11%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02302 has a dense population density of 3,682.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.92%.