Senior Living in 02322 (Avon, MA)
- 02322 scores the same as the Avon, MA average of 83.
- 02322 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02322 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 9 hospitals nearby, including New England Sinai Hospital, Signature Healthcare Brockton Hospital, and Brockton Va Medical Center.
- There are 65 senior living facilities in the area, including Blue Hills Health and Rehabilitation Center, Cedar Hill Health Care Center, and Copley at Stoughton .
- There are 21 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 242 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 79 golf courses nearby, including Cedar Hill Golf Club, Brockton Country Club, and Thorny Lea Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Ames Nowell State Park and Blue Hills Reservation).
- There are 63 churches nearby, including Avon Baptist Church, Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, and Ahavath Torah Congregation.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.18% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.02% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $83,212, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $72,880, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,304, which is in the top 20% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.30%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02322 has an average population density of 1,015.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.94%.