Senior Living in 02324 (Bridgewater, MA)
- 02324 has a SeniorScore® of 72, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Bridgewater, MA.
- 02324 scores lower than the Bridgewater, MA average of 76.
- 02324 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02324 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Bridgewater State Hospital, Good Samaritan Medical Center, A Caritas Family Ho, and Brockton Va Medical Center.
- There are 33 senior living facilities in the area, including Bridgewater Nursing Home, High Pond Estates Stone Meadow, and Sachem Center For Health and Rehabilitation.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 141 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 102 golf courses nearby, including Olde Scotland Links at Bridgewater, River Bend Country Club, and Ridder Farm Golf & Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Massasoit State Park and Watson Pond State Park).
- There are 48 churches nearby, including First Baptist Church, St Thomas Aquinas Church, and Southshore Community Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.30% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.02% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $95,515, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $88,697, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,460, which is in the top 24% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.39%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02324 has an average population density of 972.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.57%.