Senior Living in 02343 (Holbrook, MA)
- 02343 scores the same as the Holbrook, MA average of 80.
- 02343 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02343 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 8 hospitals nearby, including South Shore Hospital, Signature Healthcare Brockton Hospital, and Healthsouth Braintree Rehab.
- There are 63 senior living facilities in the area, including Randolph Housing Authority For The Elderly, Alliance HealthCare Center at Braintree, and Cedar Hill Health Care Center.
- There are 19 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 269 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 74 golf courses nearby, including Strawberry Valley Golf Club, Furnace Brook Golf Club, and Braintree Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Ames Nowell State Park and Blue Hills Reservation).
- There are 69 churches nearby, including St Joseph Catholic Church, Lighthouse Baptist Church, and Winthrop Congregational Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.18% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.02% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $76,068, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $63,245, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,279, which is in the top 22% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.53%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02343 has a dense population density of 1,533.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.82%.