Senior Living in 02420 (Lexington, MA)
- 02420 has a SeniorScore® of 88, which is the highest of any zip code in Lexington, MA.
- 02420 scores the same as the Lexington, MA average of 88.
- 02420 scores significantly higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02420 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including Lahey Clinic Hospital, Lahey Clinic Hospital, and Winchester Hospital.
- There are 105 senior living facilities in the area, including Douglas House, Excel Center For Nursing and Rehab at Lexington, and Lexington Health Network.
- There are 40 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 25 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 193 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 103 golf courses nearby, including Pine Meadows Golf Course, Lexington Golf Club, and Winchester Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Buckman Tavern, Lexington Green, and Mary Cummings Park.
- There are 72 churches nearby, including Church of Our Redeemer, St Nicholas Greek Orthodox Chr, and Countryside Bible Chapel.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $188,968, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $146,667, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $68,387, which is in the top 2% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.81%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02420 has a dense population density of 2,134.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 98.04%.