Senior Living in 02421 (Lexington, MA)
- 02421 has a SeniorScore® of 87, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Lexington, MA.
- 02421 scores lower than the Lexington, MA average of 88.
- 02421 scores significantly higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02421 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 7 hospitals nearby, including Mclean Hospital, Bedford Va Medical Center, and Deaconess Waltham Hospital.
- There are 107 senior living facilities in the area, including Douglas House, Brookhaven at Lexington, and Benchmark Senior Living at Waltham Crossings.
- There are 40 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 28 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 241 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 106 golf courses nearby, including Lexington Golf Club, Pine Meadows Golf Course, and Belmont Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Lexington Green, Buckman Tavern, and Mary Cummings Park.
- There are 85 churches nearby, including Temple Emunah, Temple Isaiah of Lexington, and Lexington United Methodist Chr.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $178,448, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $130,592, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $66,942, which is in the top 2% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.71%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02421 has a dense population density of 1,760.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.97%.