Senior Living in 02445 (Brookline, MA)
- 02445 has a SeniorScore® of 81, which is the highest of any zip code in Brookline, MA.
- 02445 scores higher than the Brookline, MA average of 77.
- 02445 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02445 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 17 hospitals nearby, including Bournewood Hospital, Veterans Affairs Boston System, and Faulkner Hospital.
- There are 120 senior living facilities in the area, including Boylston Place at Chestnut Hill, Epoch Senior Healthcare of Chestnut Hill, and Golden LivingCenter-Heathwood.
- There are 42 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 330 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 77 golf courses nearby, including Putterham Meadows Golf Club, Main Course at Brookline Country Club, The, and Charles River Country Club.
- There are 9 parks nearby, including Larz Anderson Park, Brookline Reservoir Park, and MDC Park.
- There are 144 churches nearby, including Infant Jesus-St Lawrence Chrch, Temple Emeth, and Church of the Redeemer Nursery.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.18% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.02% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $164,186, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $108,313, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $67,769, which is in the top 2% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.52%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02445 has a dense population density of 7,944.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.16%.