Senior Living in 02446 (Brookline, MA)
- 02446 has a SeniorScore® of 74, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Brookline, MA.
- 02446 scores lower than the Brookline, MA average of 77.
- 02446 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02446 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 10 hospitals nearby, including Arbour H R I Hospital, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, and Dana-farber Cancer Institute.
- There are 70 senior living facilities in the area, including Brookline Health Care Center, Corey Hill Nursing Home, and Glenville Apartments.
- There are 31 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 193 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 53 golf courses nearby, including Fresh Pond Golf Course, Main Course at Brookline Country Club, The, and Putterham Meadows Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Kenmore Square, Brookline Reservoir Park, and Soldiers Field Athletic Area.
- There are 68 churches nearby, including Baptist Church in Brookline, Church of Our Saviour, and St Paul\'s Episcopal Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.18% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.02% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $120,110, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $79,278, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $56,132, which is in the top 3% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.31%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02446 has a very dense population density of 22,774.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.56%.