Senior Living in 02451 (Waltham, MA)
- 02451 has a SeniorScore® of 83, which is the highest of any zip code in Waltham, MA.
- 02451 scores higher than the Waltham, MA average of 77.
- 02451 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02451 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Deaconess Waltham Hospital, Mclean Hospital, and Newton-wellesley Hospital.
- There are 113 senior living facilities in the area, including Benchmark Senior Living at Waltham Crossings, Brookhaven at Lexington, and Dorothy Frances Home.
- There are 36 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 26 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 219 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 108 golf courses nearby, including Lexington Golf Club, Pine Meadows Golf Course, and Belmont Country Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Beaver Brook Reservation, Lexington Green, and Buckman Tavern.
- There are 73 churches nearby, including Waltham Church of God, Korean Church of Lord, and St Mary\'s Rectory.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $92,868, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $75,129, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $41,312, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.58%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02451 has a dense population density of 3,155.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 93.06%.