Senior Living in 02452 (Waltham, MA)
- 02452 has a SeniorScore® of 83, which is the highest of any zip code in Waltham, MA.
- 02452 scores higher than the Waltham, MA average of 77.
- 02452 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02452 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 12 hospitals nearby, including Deaconess Waltham Hospital, Mclean Hospital, and Kindred Hospital-boston.
- There are 143 senior living facilities in the area, including Marquardt Nursing Center, Dorothy Frances Home, and Meadow Green Rehabilitation and Nursing Center.
- There are 53 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 44 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 410 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 100 golf courses nearby, including Belmont Country Club, Oakley Country Club, and Highland Course at Brae Burn Country Club.
- There are 9 parks nearby, including Beaver Brook Reservation, Mount Auburn Cemetery, and Buckman Tavern.
- There are 126 churches nearby, including First Baptist Church-Waltham, St Josephs Catholic Church, and St Judes Parish.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $83,131, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $69,621, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,050, which is in the top 23% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.06%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02452 has a dense population density of 3,849.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.58%.