Senior Living in 02453 (Waltham, MA)
- 02453 has a SeniorScore® of 65, which is the 3rd highest of any zip code in Waltham, MA.
- 02453 scores significantly lower than the Waltham, MA average of 77.
- 02453 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02453 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Deaconess Waltham Hospital).
- There are 46 senior living facilities in the area, including Saint Mary Apartments, Maristhill Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Leland Home.
- There are 16 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 35 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (19% of the total population).
- There are 58 golf courses nearby, including Woodland Golf Club, Highland Course at Brae Burn Country Club, and Newton Commonwealth Golf Course.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 10 churches nearby, including First Lutheran Church-Waltham, St Judes Parish, and Salvation Army.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $77,456, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $63,123, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,183, which is in the top 20% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.73%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02453 has a very dense population density of 8,278.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.97%.