Senior Living in 02458 (Newton, MA)
- 02458 scores the same as the Newton, MA average of 82.
- 02458 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02458 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 11 hospitals nearby, including Kindred Hospital-boston, St Elizabeth\'s Medical Center, A Caritas Family Ho, and Deaconess Waltham Hospital.
- There are 112 senior living facilities in the area, including Evans Park at Newton Corner, Scandinavian Living Center, and Cabot Park Village.
- There are 42 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 316 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 80 golf courses nearby, including Newton Commonwealth Golf Course, Highland Course at Brae Burn Country Club, and Oakley Country Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including MDC Park, Mount Auburn Cemetery, and Beaver Brook Reservation.
- There are 86 churches nearby, including Grace Episcopal Church, Our Lady Help of Christians, and Eliot Church of Newton.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $127,123, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $84,375, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $54,353, which is in the top 3% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.87%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02458 has a dense population density of 6,059.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.41%.