Senior Living in 02459 (Newton Center, MA)
- 02459 scores the same as the Newton Center, MA average of 90.
- 02459 scores significantly higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02459 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 29 hospitals nearby, including Bournewood Hospital, Kindred Hospital-boston, and St Elizabeth\'s Medical Center, A Caritas Family Ho.
- There are 149 senior living facilities in the area, including Golden LivingCenter-Heathwood, Stone Rehabilitation & Senior Living, and Epoch Senior Healthcare of Chestnut Hill.
- There are 50 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 40 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 572 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 96 golf courses nearby, including Charles River Country Club, Putterham Meadows Golf Club, and Main Course at Brookline Country Club, The.
- There are 11 parks nearby, including Brook Farm, Cutler Park, and MDC Park.
- There are 245 churches nearby, including United Parish of Auburndale, Lutheran Church of Newton, and Temple Beth Avodah.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $182,702, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $130,313, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $65,892, which is in the top 2% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.98%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02459 has a dense population density of 3,815.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 98.39%.