Senior Living in 02465 (West Newton, MA)
- 02465 scores the same as the West Newton, MA average of 82.
- 02465 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02465 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including Deaconess Waltham Hospital, Newton-wellesley Hospital, and Newton-wellesley Hospital.
- There are 100 senior living facilities in the area, including GoldenLiving Center-West Newton, Golden LivingCenter-Chetwynde, and LeadingAge Massachussetts.
- There are 30 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 228 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 78 golf courses nearby, including Highland Course at Brae Burn Country Club, Woodland Golf Club, and Newton Commonwealth Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (MDC Park and Beaver Brook Reservation).
- There are 58 churches nearby, including St Bernard\'s Parish, Temple Shalom of Newton, and Second Church in Newton Cong.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $178,379, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $116,429, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $65,909, which is in the top 2% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.81%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02465 has a dense population density of 5,220.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.45%.