Senior Living in 02468 (Waban, MA)
- 02468 scores the same as the Waban, MA average of 92.
- 02468 scores significantly higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02468 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 11 hospitals nearby, including Newton-wellesley Hospital, Newton-wellesley Hospital, and Simpson Infirmary.
- There are 133 senior living facilities in the area, including Waban Health Center, Golden LivingCenter-Chetwynde, and CareOne at Newton.
- There are 48 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 26 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 383 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 102 golf courses nearby, including Woodland Golf Club, Wellesley Country Club, and Highland Course at Brae Burn Country Club.
- There are 10 parks nearby, including MDC Park, Cutler Park, and Brook Farm.
- There are 106 churches nearby, including Apostolica Cara, Good Shepherd of Waban, and Mary Immaculate of Lourdes Ch.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $251,408, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $201,065, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $90,800, which is in the top 1% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.20%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02468 has a dense population density of 3,562.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 99.48%.