Senior Living in 02474 (Arlington, MA)
- 02474 has a SeniorScore® of 68, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Arlington, MA.
- 02474 scores lower than the Arlington, MA average of 75.
- 02474 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02474 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 53 senior living facilities in the area, including Brightview Arlington Assisted Living, Park Avenue Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, and Cooperative Elder Services.
- There are 18 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 28 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 57 golf courses nearby, including Winchester Country Club, Belmont Country Club, and Fresh Pond Golf Course.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 10 churches nearby, including St Agnes Catholic Church, St John\'s Episcopal Church, and St Camillus Parish.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $99,830, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $82,359, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $45,613, which is in the top 6% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.11%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02474 has a very dense population density of 8,621.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.07%.