Senior Living in 02476 (Arlington, MA)
- 02476 has a SeniorScore® of 82, which is the highest of any zip code in Arlington, MA.
- 02476 scores higher than the Arlington, MA average of 75.
- 02476 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02476 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Mclean Hospital, Winchester Hospital, and Youville Lifecare.
- There are 96 senior living facilities in the area, including Park Avenue Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, Brightview Arlington Assisted Living, and Sunrise of Arlington .
- There are 40 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 30 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 195 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 83 golf courses nearby, including Winchester Country Club, Belmont Country Club, and Oakley Country Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Beaver Brook Reservation, Davis Square, and Mount Auburn Cemetery.
- There are 80 churches nearby, including Chinese Bible Church-Boston, First Baptist Church, and St Camillus Parish.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $114,986, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $90,625, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $50,778, which is in the top 4% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.38%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02476 has a dense population density of 7,894.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.00%.