Senior Living in 02492 (Needham, MA)
- 02492 scores the same as the Needham, MA average of 87.
- 02492 scores significantly higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02492 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 7 hospitals nearby, including Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - Needham, Charles River Hospital, and Simpson Infirmary.
- There are 116 senior living facilities in the area, including Briarwood Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, Skilled Nursing Facility at North Hill, and Avery Crossings.
- There are 37 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 187 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 98 golf courses nearby, including Needham Golf Club, Wellesley Country Club, and Charles River Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Cutler Park, Elm Bank, and Brook Farm.
- There are 70 churches nearby, including First Baptist Church, St Joseph\'s Catholic Church, and St Bartholomew Rectory.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.18% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.02% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $182,288, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $129,769, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $64,415, which is in the top 2% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.03%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02492 has a dense population density of 2,092.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.09%.