Senior Living in 02532 (Buzzards Bay, MA)
- 02532 has a SeniorScore® of 75, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Buzzards Bay, MA.
- 02532 scores lower than the Buzzards Bay, MA average of 76.
- 02532 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02532 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Barnstable County Hospital).
- There are 16 senior living facilities in the area, including Royal Cape Cod Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Keystone Place at Buzzards Bay, and Bourne Manor Extended Care Facility.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 66 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 58 golf courses nearby, including Brookside Golf Club, The, Bay Pointe Country Club, and Pocasset Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Bay View Campground, Scusset Beach State Reservation, and Shawme-Crowell State Forest.
- There are 16 churches nearby, including Bay Community Alliance Church, St Peter\'s Episcopal Church, and Swift Memorial Methodist Chr.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.83% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.65% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $75,985, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $56,939, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,945, which is in the top 17% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $75,600 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $144,175 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,400 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.51%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 02532 has an average population density of 890.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.61%.