Senior Living in 02538 (East Wareham, MA)
- 02538 scores the same as the East Wareham, MA average of 76.
- 02538 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02538 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Barnstable County Hospital and Jordan Hospital Inc).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Royal Cape Cod Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Kindred Transitional Care And Rehabilita-Forestview, and Keystone Place at Buzzards Bay.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 88 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 60 golf courses nearby, including Bay Pointe Country Club, Little Harbor Country Club, and Brookside Golf Club, The.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Cachalot Scout Reservation, Bay View Campground, and Myles Standish State Forest.
- There are 19 churches nearby, including Emmanuel Church of Nazarene, Wesley United Methodist Church, and Church of the Good Shepherd.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.30% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.02% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $66,723, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $62,813, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,974, which is in the top 36% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.90%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02538 has an average population density of 791.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.73%.