Senior Living in 02542 (Buzzards Bay, MA)
- 02542 has a SeniorScore® of 77, which is the highest of any zip code in Buzzards Bay, MA.
- 02542 scores higher than the Buzzards Bay, MA average of 76.
- 02542 scores the same as the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02542 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Barnstable County Hospital, Falmouth Hospital, and Falmouth Hospital.
- There are 28 senior living facilities in the area, including Cape Cod Senior Residences at Pocasset, Bourne Manor Extended Care Facility, and Decatur House.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 155 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (4% of the total population).
- There are 69 golf courses nearby, including Ridge Club, Holly Ridge Golf Club, and Pocasset Golf Club.
- There are 17 parks nearby, including Peters Pond RV Resort, Bay View Campground, and Heritage Museums & Gardens.
- There are 41 churches nearby, including Anglican Church-good Shepherd, Community Chapel, and First Church of Christ.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.83% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.65% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $47,062, which is in the top 78% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $37,299, which is in the top 77% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $14,688, which is in the top 93% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $75,600 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $144,175 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,400 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.66%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 02542 has a very sparse population density of 37.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.75%.