Senior Living in 02554 (Nantucket, MA)
- 02554 scores the same as the Nantucket, MA average of 64.
- 02554 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02554 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Nantucket Cottage Hospital).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Our Island Home and Our Island Home)
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 2 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 7 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 5 golf courses nearby, including Siasconset Golf Course, Miacomet Golf Course, and Nantucket Golf Club, The.
- There is 1 park nearby (Tom Nevers Field)..
- There are no churches nearby.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.13% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.28% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $128,634, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $85,393, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $51,522, which is in the top 4% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $75,600 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $144,175 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,400 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.90%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 02554 has a sparse population density of 251.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.99%.