Senior Living in 02557 (Oak Bluffs, MA)
- 02557 scores the same as the Oak Bluffs, MA average of 77.
- 02557 scores the same as the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02557 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Martha\'s Vineyard Hospital Inc).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Windemere Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Henrietta Brewer House, and Royal Falmouth Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 12 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 32 golf courses nearby, including Mink Meadows Golf Club, Farm Neck Golf Club, and Edgartown Golf Club.
- There are 9 parks nearby, including Martha\'s Vineyard Family Campground, Manuel F. Correllus State Forest, and Cape Poge Wildlife Refuge.
- There are 7 churches nearby, including Vineyard Assembly of God, Apostolic House of Prayer of M V, and Alliance Community Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.97% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.42% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $83,491, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $78,890, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,117, which is in the top 25% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $75,600 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $144,175 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,400 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.07%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 02557 has an average population density of 623.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.34%.