Senior Living in 02558 (Onset, MA)
- 02558 scores the same as the Onset, MA average of 76.
- 02558 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02558 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Barnstable County Hospital).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including Kindred Transitional Care And Rehabilita-Forestview, Royal Cape Cod Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Keystone Place at Buzzards Bay.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 4 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 44 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (37% of the total population).
- There are 50 golf courses nearby, including Bay Pointe Country Club, Little Harbor Country Club, and Brookside Golf Club, The.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Bay View Campground and Cachalot Scout Reservation).
- There are 8 churches nearby, including Church of the Good Shepherd, Emmanuel Church of Nazarene, and Wesley United Methodist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.30% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.02% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $44,310, which is in the top 84% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $42,606, which is in the top 63% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,810, which is in the top 47% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02558 has a dense population density of 1,754.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.50%.