Senior Living in 02563 (Sandwich, MA)
- 02563 scores the same as the Sandwich, MA average of 80.
- 02563 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02563 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Barnstable County Hospital).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in the area, including Decatur House, Cape Cod Nursing Homes, and Cape Heritage Rehabilitation and Health Care Center.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 71 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 51 golf courses nearby, including Holly Ridge Golf Club, Ridge Club, and Sandwich Hollows Golf Club.
- There are 9 parks nearby, including Heritage Museums & Gardens, Shawme-Crowell State Forest, and Peters Pond RV Resort.
- There are 21 churches nearby, including St John\'s Episcopal Church, First Church of Christ, and First Church of Christ.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.83% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.65% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $99,263, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $81,094, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $38,951, which is in the top 10% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $75,600 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $144,175 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,400 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.62%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 02563 has an average population density of 784.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.54%.