Senior Living in 02642 (Eastham, MA)
- 02642 scores the same as the Eastham, MA average of 73.
- 02642 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02642 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Pleasant Bay Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Woodlands at Pleasant Bay, and Maplewood at Brewster.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 4 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (52% of the total population).
- There are 19 golf courses nearby, including Chequessett Yacht & Country Club, Port Course at Captains Golf Course, The, and Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Atlantic Oaks RV Park, Eldredge Park, and Cape Cod National Seashore.
- There are 6 churches nearby, including Federated Church of Orleans, St Pius X Church, and Community of Jesus Inc.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.83% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.65% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $73,902, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $56,029, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $35,352, which is in the top 13% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $75,600 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $144,175 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,400 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.36%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 02642 has a sparse population density of 355.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.40%.