Senior Living in 02644 (Forestdale, MA)
- 02644 scores the same as the Forestdale, MA average of 78.
- 02644 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02644 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Barnstable County Hospital).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including Royal of Cotuit Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, Southport On Cape Cod Development, and Bridges By Epoch at Mashpee.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 48 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 45 golf courses nearby, including Ridge Club, Holly Ridge Golf Club, and Willowbend.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Peters Pond RV Resort, Lawrence Pond Village Campground, and Heritage Museums & Gardens.
- There are 11 churches nearby, including Anglican Church-good Shepherd, Community Chapel, and First Church of Christ.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.83% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.65% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $93,662, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $85,433, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,288, which is in the top 22% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $75,600 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $144,175 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,400 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.98%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 02644 has an average population density of 1,110.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.65%.