Senior Living in 02646 (Harwich Port, MA)
- 02646 scores the same as the Harwich Port, MA average of 81.
- 02646 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02646 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 17 senior living facilities in the area, including Royal at Harwich Village, Rosewood Manor, and Epoch Senior Healthcare of Harwich.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 63 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (59% of the total population).
- There are 28 golf courses nearby, including Harwich Port Golf Club, Cranberry Valley Golf Course, and Eastward Ho Country Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Hart Farm, Campers Haven Campground, and Old Chatham Road RV Campground.
- There are 15 churches nearby, including Christ Church Episcopal, Pilgrim Congregational Church, and First Congregational Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.83% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.65% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $78,190, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $52,188, which is in the top 39% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $40,580, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $75,600 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $144,175 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,400 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.00%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 02646 has an average population density of 556.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 99.06%.