Senior Living in 02653 (Orleans, MA)
- 02653 scores the same as the Orleans, MA average of 76.
- 02653 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02653 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including Pleasant Bay Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Woodlands at Pleasant Bay, and Liberty Commons.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 39 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (59% of the total population).
- There are 21 golf courses nearby, including Cape Cod National Golf Club, Port Course at Captains Golf Course, The, and Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Eldredge Park, Roland C. Nickerson State Park, and Veteran\'s Field.
- There are 13 churches nearby, including St Pius X Church, St Joan of Arc Rectory, and Community of Jesus Inc.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.83% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.65% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $87,935, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $62,651, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $42,927, which is in the top 7% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $75,600 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $144,175 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,400 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.39%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 02653 has a sparse population density of 490.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.94%.