Senior Living in 02717 (East Freetown, MA)
- 02717 scores the same as the East Freetown, MA average of 87.
- 02717 scores significantly higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02717 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Southcoast Hospital Group, Inc, Dr J Corrigan Mental Hlth Ctr, and Saint Anne\'s Hospital, A Caritas Family Hospital.
- There are 43 senior living facilities in the area, including The Oaks, SE Massachusetts Health and Rehabilitation Center, and The Greater New Bedford Health Care Center.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 25 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 195 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 103 golf courses nearby, including Acushnet River Valley Golf Course, Allendale Country Club, and Country Club of New Bedford.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Acushnet Cedar Swamp State Reservation, Freetown Fall River State Forest, and Dighton Rock State Park.
- There are 57 churches nearby, including Church of the New Testament, St John Neumann, and St Mary\'s Rectory.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.64% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.90% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $89,665, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $78,599, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,330, which is in the top 18% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $75,600 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $144,175 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,400 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.85%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02717 has a sparse population density of 268.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.95%.