Senior Living in 02718 (East Taunton, MA)
- 02718 scores the same as the East Taunton, MA average of 77.
- 02718 scores the same as the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02718 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Morton Hospital & Medical Center, Taunton State Hospital, and Bridgewater State Hospital.
- There are 19 senior living facilities in the area, including Life Care Center of Raynham, Island Terrace Nursing Home, and Sisters of St Dorothy.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 98 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 100 golf courses nearby, including Heritage Hill Country Club, Lakeville Country Club, and Poquoy Brook Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Massasoit State Park, Freetown Fall River State Forest, and Dighton Rock State Park.
- There are 33 churches nearby, including Christ Community Church, Lakeville United Church, and Mullein Hill Baptist Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.64% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.90% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $82,810, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $81,797, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,602, which is in the top 24% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $75,600 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $144,175 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,400 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.32%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02718 has an average population density of 643.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.59%.