Senior Living in 02719 (Fairhaven, MA)
- 02719 scores the same as the Fairhaven, MA average of 73.
- 02719 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02719 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in the area, including Our Lady\'s Haven, Royal of Fairhaven Nursing Center, and Atria Fairhaven.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 85 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 46 golf courses nearby, including Marion Golf Club, Reservation Golf Club, and Whaling City Golf Course at New Bedford.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Fort Phoenix State Reservation and Buttonwood Park).
- There are 30 churches nearby, including St Mary\'s Catholic Church, St Joseph\'s of Fairhaven, and Trinity Lutheran Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.64% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.90% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $68,682, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $60,179, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,658, which is in the top 26% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $75,600 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $144,175 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,400 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.90%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02719 has an average population density of 1,286.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.50%.