Senior Living in 02724 (Fall River, MA)
- 02724 has a SeniorScore® of 57, which is the 4th highest of any zip code in Fall River, MA.
- 02724 scores lower than the Fall River, MA average of 61.
- 02724 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02724 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Saint Anne\'s Hospital, A Caritas Family Hospital).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including Southpointe Rehabilitation and Skilled Care Center, The Landmark at Fall River, and Countryview Estates.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 2 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 35 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 34 golf courses nearby, including Fall River Country Club, Bristol Golf Club, and Wampanoag Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Kennedy Park)..
- There are 11 churches nearby, including Greater Fall River Baptist, St Stanislaus Church, and Master Builder Ministries.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.64% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.90% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $40,803, which is in the top 90% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $29,253, which is in the top 92% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,691, which is in the top 78% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $75,600 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $144,175 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,400 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 16.65%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02724 has a very dense population density of 9,100.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 62.22%.