Senior Living in 02725 (Somerset, MA)
- 02725 has a SeniorScore® of 82, which is the highest of any zip code in Somerset, MA.
- 02725 scores higher than the Somerset, MA average of 80.
- 02725 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02725 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Saint Anne\'s Hospital, A Caritas Family Hospital, Southcoast Hospital Group, Inc, and Dr J Corrigan Mental Hlth Ctr.
- There are 26 senior living facilities in the area, including Clifton Rehabilitation Nursing Center, Somerset Ridge Center, and The Landmark at Fall River.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 128 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (37% of the total population).
- There are 73 golf courses nearby, including Swansea Country Club, Touisset Country Club, and Wampanoag Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Kennedy Park)..
- There are 52 churches nearby, including Conquerors in Christ Ministry, Greater Fall River Baptist, and Master Builder Ministries.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.64% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.90% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $72,490, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $68,125, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,918, which is in the top 33% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $75,600 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $144,175 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,400 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.48%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02725 has an average population density of 1,108.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 77.39%.