Senior Living in 02738 (Marion, MA)
- 02738 scores the same as the Marion, MA average of 80.
- 02738 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02738 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Barnstable County Hospital).
- There are 25 senior living facilities in the area, including Sippican Healthcare Center, The Tremont Rehabilitation and Skilled Care Center, and Wareham Community Access.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 55 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (37% of the total population).
- There are 56 golf courses nearby, including Kittansett Club, The, Reservation Golf Club, and Marion Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Eastover Farm)..
- There are 19 churches nearby, including First Congregation Church, St Gabriel\'s Church, and St Anthony\'s Rectory.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.30% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.02% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $110,567, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $87,793, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $43,383, which is in the top 7% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.76%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02738 has a sparse population density of 350.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.93%.