Senior Living in 02743 (Acushnet, MA)
- 02743 scores the same as the Acushnet, MA average of 79.
- 02743 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02743 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 26 senior living facilities in the area, including The Greater New Bedford Health Care Center, SE Massachusetts Health and Rehabilitation Center, and The Oaks.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 117 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 73 golf courses nearby, including Acushnet River Valley Golf Course, Rochester Golf Club, and Reservation Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Acushnet Cedar Swamp State Reservation, Eastover Farm, and Fort Phoenix State Reservation.
- There are 38 churches nearby, including Acushnet-Wesley United Meth, Barrett Dennis Rev, and Acushnet-wesley United Methodist Church Study.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.64% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.90% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $78,099, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $64,583, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,064, which is in the top 23% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $75,600 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $144,175 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,400 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.17%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02743 has an average population density of 559.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.58%.