Senior Living in 02745 (New Bedford, MA)
- 02745 has a SeniorScore® of 69, which is the highest of any zip code in New Bedford, MA.
- 02745 scores significantly higher than the New Bedford, MA average of 61.
- 02745 scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02745 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 19 senior living facilities in the area, including The Greater New Bedford Health Care Center, The Oaks, and SE Massachusetts Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 109 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 49 golf courses nearby, including Acushnet River Valley Golf Course, Allendale Country Club, and Country Club of New Bedford.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Acushnet Cedar Swamp State Reservation, Buttonwood Park, and Fort Phoenix State Reservation.
- There are 30 churches nearby, including St Mary\'s Rectory, Assembly of God, and Barrett Dennis Rev.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.64% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.90% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $62,095, which is in the top 41% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $52,093, which is in the top 39% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,414, which is in the top 34% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $75,600 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $144,175 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,400 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.16%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02745 has a dense population density of 2,379.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 74.18%.