Senior Living in 02748 (South Dartmouth, MA)
- 02748 scores the same as the South Dartmouth, MA average of 77.
- 02748 scores the same as the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02748 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 17 senior living facilities in the area, including Brandon Woods of Dartmouth, Brookdale Dartmouth Village, and Royal Taber Street Nursing & Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 74 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (39% of the total population).
- There are 40 golf courses nearby, including Whaling City Golf Course at New Bedford, Acoaxet Club, and Allendale Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Demarest Lloyd State Park, Horseneck Beach State Reservation, and Buttonwood Park.
- There are 29 churches nearby, including Baptist Doug, Allen\'s Neck Friends Meeting House, and Allen\'s Neck Friends Meeting.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.64% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.90% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $92,500, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $72,121, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $38,458, which is in the top 10% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $75,600 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $144,175 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,400 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.86%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02748 has an average population density of 508.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.84%.