Senior Living in 02766 (Norton, MA)
- 02766 scores the same as the Norton, MA average of 76.
- 02766 scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02766 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Morton Hospital & Medical Center, Taunton State Hospital, and Sturdy Memorial Hospital.
- There are 31 senior living facilities in the area, including Epoch Assisted Living of Norton, Epoch Senior Healthcare of Norton, and Daggett-Crandall-Newcomb Home.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 153 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 100 golf courses nearby, including Wading River Golf Course, Norton Country Club, and Tournament Players Club of Boston, The.
- There is 1 park nearby (Watson Pond State Park)..
- There are 45 churches nearby, including St Mary\'s Church Norton, Trinitarian Congregational Chr, and St Mary\'s Rectory.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.64% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.90% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $89,453, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $75,538, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,772, which is in the top 21% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $75,600 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $144,175 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,400 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.10%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02766 has an average population density of 684.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.80%.