Senior Living in 02770 (Rochester, MA)
- 02770 scores the same as the Rochester, MA average of 82.
- 02770 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02770 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 28 senior living facilities in the area, including Sippican Healthcare Center, Nemasket Healthcare Center, and SE Massachusetts Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 132 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 92 golf courses nearby, including Rochester Golf Club, Acushnet River Valley Golf Course, and Kittansett Club, The.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Eastover Farm, Acushnet Cedar Swamp State Reservation, and Myles Standish State Forest.
- There are 51 churches nearby, including St Rose of Lima, Acushnet-wesley United Methodist Church Study, and Acushnet-Wesley United Meth.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.30% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.02% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $105,243, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $99,129, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,957, which is in the top 14% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.45%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02770 has a sparse population density of 158.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.94%.