Senior Living in 02779 (Berkley, MA)
- 02779 scores the same as the Berkley, MA average of 78.
- 02779 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02779 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Morton Hospital & Medical Center, Taunton State Hospital, and Southcoast Hospital Group, Inc.
- There are 26 senior living facilities in the area, including Dighton Nursing Center, Sisters of St Dorothy, and Longmeadow of Taunton.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 112 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (21% of the total population).
- There are 99 golf courses nearby, including John F. Parker Municipal Golf Course, Segregansett Country Club, and Poquoy Brook Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Dighton Rock State Park, Freetown Fall River State Forest, and Massasoit State Park.
- There are 31 churches nearby, including Christ Community Church, Episcopal Church of St Thomas, and Winthrop Street Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.64% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.90% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $89,076, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $81,094, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,206, which is in the top 28% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $75,600 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $144,175 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,400 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.09%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02779 has a sparse population density of 388.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.64%.