Senior Living in 02790 (Westport, MA)
- 02790 scores the same as the Westport, MA average of 83.
- 02790 scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- 02790 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Saint Anne\'s Hospital, A Caritas Family Hospital, Southcoast Hospital Group, Inc, and Dr J Corrigan Mental Hlth Ctr.
- There are 45 senior living facilities in the area, including The Residence at Cedar Dell, Countryview Estates, and Brookdale Dartmouth Village.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 183 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 79 golf courses nearby, including Acoaxet Club, Country Club of New Bedford, and Hawthorne Country Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Horseneck Beach State Reservation, Demarest Lloyd State Park, and Buttonwood Park.
- There are 67 churches nearby, including Lighthouse Assembly of God, Our Lady of Grace Rectory, and First Baptist Old Stone Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.64% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.90% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.25%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Massachusetts has a high average state income tax rate of 4.74%.
- The area has an average household income of $91,230, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $74,000, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $35,047, which is in the top 14% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $75,600 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $144,175 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,400 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.08%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02790 has a sparse population density of 292.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 84.84%.