Senior Living in 02818 (East Greenwich, RI)
- 02818 scores the same as the East Greenwich, RI average of 81.
- 02818 scores higher than the Rhode Island average of 75.
- 02818 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Kent County Memorial Hospital).
- There are 29 senior living facilities in the area, including Saint Elizabeth Home, Brookdale Greenwich Bay, and Atria Harborhill.
- There are 14 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 31 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 148 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 73 golf courses nearby, including East Greenwich Golf & Country Club, Potowomut Golf Club, and Goddard State Memorial Park.
- There is 1 park nearby (Goddard Memorial State Park)..
- There are 76 churches nearby, including First Baptist Church, St Luke\'s Episc Church, and First Lutheran Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.78% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.42% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Rhode Island has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.87%.
- The area has an average household income of $123,886, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $84,875, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $49,466, which is in the top 4% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $63,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,113 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.98%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02818 has an average population density of 828.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.33%.