Senior Living in 02830 (Harrisville, RI)
- 02830 scores the same as the Harrisville, RI average of 72.
- 02830 scores lower than the Rhode Island average of 75.
- 02830 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Rehabilitation Hospital).
- There are 30 senior living facilities in the area, including Stillwater Heights, Burrillville Housing Authority, and Overlook Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 35 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 82 golf courses nearby, including Country View Golf Club, Crystal Lake Golf Club, and Gloucester Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Douglas State Forest)..
- There are 24 churches nearby, including First Univ Chr of Burrillville, First Univ Chr of Harrisville, and St Patricks Catholic Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.71% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.31% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Rhode Island has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.87%.
- The area has an average household income of $83,981, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $75,612, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,092, which is in the top 18% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $63,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,113 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.77%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02830 has a sparse population density of 308.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.18%.