Senior Living in 02840 (Newport, RI)
- 02840 has a SeniorScore® of 70, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Newport, RI.
- 02840 scores lower than the Newport, RI average of 73.
- 02840 scores lower than the Rhode Island average of 75.
- 02840 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Newport Hospital and Newport Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Blenheim-Newport, The John Clarke Retirement and Nursing Center, and Grand Islander .
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 55 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 46 golf courses nearby, including Wanumetonomy Golf & Country Club, Orchard Course at Newport National Golf Club, and Newport Country Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Miantonomi Memorial Park, Norman Bird Sanctuary, and Fort Adams State Park.
- There are 38 churches nearby, including Middletown Baptist Church, St Columba\'s Chapel, and St Lucy\'s Catholic Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.50% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Rhode Island has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.87%.
- The area has an average household income of $78,064, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $58,233, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $36,792, which is in the top 12% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $63,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,113 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.11%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02840 has a dense population density of 3,227.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.65%.