Senior Living in 02842 (Middletown, RI)
- 02842 scores the same as the Middletown, RI average of 75.
- 02842 scores the same as the Rhode Island average of 75.
- 02842 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Newport Hospital and Newport Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Grand Islander , Blenheim-Newport, and The John Clarke Retirement and Nursing Center.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 55 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 42 golf courses nearby, including Wanumetonomy Golf & Country Club, Orchard Course at Newport National Golf Club, and Newport Country Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Norman Bird Sanctuary, Miantonomi Memorial Park, and Sachuest Point National Wildlife Refuge.
- There are 40 churches nearby, including Middletown Baptist Church, St Columba\'s Chapel, and St Lucy\'s Catholic Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.50% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Rhode Island has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.87%.
- The area has an average household income of $85,611, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $71,764, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,644, which is in the top 14% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $63,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,113 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.00%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02842 has an average population density of 1,268.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.54%.