Senior Living in 02861 (Pawtucket, RI)
- 02861 has a SeniorScore® of 67, which is the highest of any zip code in Pawtucket, RI.
- 02861 scores higher than the Pawtucket, RI average of 62.
- 02861 scores significantly lower than the Rhode Island average of 75.
- 02861 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Memorial Hospital Of Rhode Island, Miriam Hospital, and Butler Hospital.
- There are 56 senior living facilities in the area, including Darlington Assisted Living Centers, Pawtucket Center, and Manchester Manor.
- There are 16 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 23 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 116 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 59 golf courses nearby, including Pawtucket Country Club, Wannamoisett Country Club, and Agawam Hunt Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Slater Park)..
- There are 91 churches nearby, including Saint Leo the Great Parish, St Martins Episcopal Church, and St Matthew Trinity Lutheran.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.71% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.31% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Rhode Island has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.87%.
- The area has an average household income of $62,199, which is in the top 41% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,137, which is in the top 37% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,480, which is in the top 39% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $63,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,113 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.77%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 02861 has a dense population density of 7,345.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.55%.